Having an accurate market value of your home before you sell can leave you with more money in your pocket. FreeHomeEvaluations.com gets you another step closer to selling your home, but we also want to provide you with helpful tips from the experts.
When you sell your home, you should:
- Know what your house is worth – that’s what we’re here for!
- Make a great first impression – you only get one chance. So,
- People should feel warm and welcomed in order to be able to see themselves living there.
- Make sure your home has curb appeal. A few small updates can change the first impression your home gives.
- Declutter and depersonalize. Consider renting a storage unit to get rid of some of your clutter. Also, take down anything that makes your home too personal (like family photos). Doing these things will help a person visualize themselves and their own belongings in your home.
- Make sure the kitchen is in tip-top shape as this is one of the most important rooms of the house. A simple coat of paint and a change in cabinet knobs can do wonders.
- Lights, lights and more lights. Making sure your house is well-lit will help with making folks feel comfortable and welcomed in your home.
- Most people start their house hunt online, so be sure that your online listing is putting the best foot forward on your home. Consider having it staged and getting professional photos taken.
- Make sure the easy repairs and fixes are taken care of. They don’t cost much, but make a big difference when potential buyers come to take a look.
- Listen to your agent. They are a great source for advice on selling your home and connecting you with other experts to make your home look its best.